Shellings from the Peanut Gallery

There are times when one can no longer remain confined.
It matters not that one agrees or disagrees.
It matters only that the shell that binds be cracked and thrown off.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Suddenly it is All About the Constitution

Having just finished reading my e-mails and my favorite conservative news sites, I must say I am more disgusted than ever…and that’s pretty daggone disgusted. So it is best that I come here to vent my anger and frustration than on someone else’s site where I could be attacked or booted off. No one comes here to read, so it is my safe place.

Frankly, the screaming about trampling, trashing, shredding, burning, and walking all over the Constitution has grown quite old and quite tiresome.

Every group -- from the Christian organizations, to the values groups, to the liberty and/or patriot dot coms, to the tax gangs, to those claiming to represent my rights, to all the so-called conservative groups, and those crazy libertarians, along with many of the new media organizations -- are up in arms and telling me I must fight.

Yes, I simply MUST call, fax, write and harass my congress critters and yours as well.
Why? Because they are trampling, trashing, shredding, burning, and walking all over the Constitution, that’s why. And if I could send a few bucks to help them fight the new atrocity of the day that would be swell.

Don’t get me wrong -- I completely agree that the Constitution has suffered all the adjectives they care to throw out into cyber-space to sensationalize their claims. In fact, I have contributed to many of them in the past. So what’s my problem?

Where the hell have they been for the past two years?!?!

Where were they in April of 2008 when John McCain was being subjected to cavity searches in order to prove he was a natural born citizen -- eligible to serve as President of the United States of America? Anyone that knows me realizes I loathe McCain. No, I really despise the puke. He falls third on my detestable meter -- directly under Obama/Soetoro and John Kerry. But I digress.

Why was McCain subjected to a Congressional interrogation and issued a Senate resolution declaring him a natural born citizen, but NOT ONE QUESTION was asked of the one person running for president who stated in his own autobiography, or whatever he called it, that he was a British subject at birth. WHY?!?!

As the drumbeat continued to get stronger and louder throughout the summer -- until August 2008 when the first lawsuit was filed questioning Obama/Soetoro’s constitutional eligibility to serve as president -- WHY were these groups not sending vast numbers of e-mails and snail mail urging us all to demand proof of his eligibility? Why were there no demands that the Senate…or the House…or the DNC…or the Secretaries of State certify this unknown apparition?

WHY???

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home